Welcome


Welcome to Kate's Quilting Block's Blog. We are a quilt shop located in the heart of Utah. Along with beautiful fabrics and quilting supplies we offer machine quilting, custom embroidery/monogramming, and hemstitching services. Follow us on our our blog or facebook for updated news and events. You can also follow us on our website http://www.katesquiltingblock.com/.



Friday, October 2, 2015

Keeping family quilting traditions alive

Helping families keep their quilting traditions alive is what we do.

This is not just a saying at Kate's Quilting Block.  This is what we do not only for our customers but for our family as well.  

Recently my mom passed away and I have been finding quilts and quilt tops that she started and was not able to finish.  In true quilter heritage fashion I am finishing them up using my skills of machine quilting, embroidery, and binding.  This one in progress on the quilting machine just needed borders and some personalization.


Machine Quilting Baby Quilt

I personalized the quilt with machine embroidery on one of the borders.  Unfortunately I did it in the same shade of brown so you can't see it.  But it is there!
I also used a polyester batting to make it warm and cuddly.  





No comments:

Post a Comment